Skip to main content

FACT: SOME PEOPLE ADD CONDITIONS TO EVERYTHING. Understanding Conditional Thinking, Complicated Relationships, and Personal Responsibility.

FOUNTAIN PEN NEWSPAPER.

WITH A REALISTIC INTENT BASED ON LIVE EVENTS & TRUE STORY: FACT: MOST PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE A HEART ADD CONDITIONAL PROBLEMS EVERYWHERE. Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.

FACT: SOME PEOPLE ADD CONDITIONS TO EVERYTHING.

Understanding Conditional Thinking, Complicated Relationships, and Personal Responsibility.

Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.



PAGE ONE — THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPASSION AND CONDITIONS

Many people describe others as "heartless" when they encounter individuals who seem to place conditions on everything.

Examples include:

  • "I'll help you, but only if..."
  • "I'll be your friend, but only if..."
  • "I'll support you, but only when..."
  • "I'll show up, but only under certain conditions..."

Over time, relationships built entirely upon conditions can become exhausting.

However, it is important to distinguish between:

Healthy Boundaries

and

Excessive Conditionality

Healthy boundaries protect people.

Excessive conditions control people.

There is a significant difference.

A person with healthy boundaries says:

"I care about you, but I need balance."

A highly conditional person may say:

"Everything depends on what I get first."

The relationship becomes transactional instead of genuine.


PAGE TWO — WHY SOME PEOPLE ADD CONDITIONS TO EVERYTHING

Not all conditional people are intentionally cruel.

Many developed these habits through:

  • Disappointment
  • Betrayal
  • Fear
  • Distrust
  • Past trauma
  • Repeated negative experiences

Over time, they begin protecting themselves by creating rules for every interaction.

Their thinking becomes:

  • Trust must be earned repeatedly.
  • Friendship must prove itself constantly.
  • Generosity must produce a return.

As a result, nearly every interaction gains another condition.

Another requirement.

Another test.

Another obstacle.

They may not realize they are doing it.

What feels like protection to them may feel like distance to others.


The Cost of Constant Conditions

When every relationship requires endless qualifications, people often become tired.

Friendships need:

  • Trust
  • Flexibility
  • Understanding

Not endless negotiations.

When conditions become excessive:

  • Conversations become difficult.
  • Friendships become strained.
  • Cooperation becomes frustrating.

Eventually people stop trying.


PAGE THREE — THE VALUE OF GOODWILL

Healthy relationships contain goodwill.

Goodwill means occasionally helping without calculating a return.

Examples include:

  • Visiting a friend simply because you enjoy their company.
  • Helping someone move without expecting repayment.
  • Listening when someone needs support.
  • Showing kindness without keeping score.

Goodwill strengthens communities.

It strengthens friendships.

It strengthens families.


When Conditions Replace Caring

Some individuals become so focused on conditions that they miss opportunities for connection.

Every situation becomes:

  • A transaction
  • An agreement
  • A test
  • A negotiation

Human connection becomes difficult under those circumstances.

People begin feeling:

  • Evaluated
  • Measured
  • Judged
  • Managed

Rather than appreciated.

The healthiest friendships leave room for generosity.

Not everything requires a contract.


PAGE FOUR — PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY & WINTER'S REFLECTION

The truth is that every person controls their own behavior.

Nobody controls:

  • Another person's kindness
  • Another person's generosity
  • Another person's loyalty
  • Another person's compassion

We control our own actions.

Our own decisions.

Our own attitudes.

Some people will continue adding conditions everywhere they go.

Others will choose a different path.

A path based upon:

  • Trust
  • Cooperation
  • Honesty
  • Goodwill
  • Reciprocity

Without excessive complications.


Winter Breshna's Closing Reflection

Relationships require balance.

Healthy people establish boundaries.

Healthy people protect themselves.

But healthy people also leave room for kindness.

Not every friendship needs another test.

Not every conversation needs another condition.

Not every act of goodwill requires repayment.

The strongest friendships often grow because people choose trust over suspicion and generosity over constant calculation.

The lesson is simple:

Protect your peace.
Keep your boundaries.
But do not become so guarded that every relationship becomes a contract.

Human connection grows best when honesty, goodwill, and respect exist together.


Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...