Skip to main content

BREAKING: IS A BROKEN HEART THE SAME AS A STRAINED HEART?

FOUNTAIN PEN NEWSPAPER.

BREAKING: IS A BROKEN HEART THE SAME AS A STRAINED HEART?

Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.


PAGE ONE — TWO DIFFERENT MEANINGS OF THE HEART

When people say someone has a "broken heart," they are often speaking emotionally. When doctors discuss a "strained heart," they are usually speaking physically. Although the two phrases sound similar, they describe very different experiences.

A broken heart often refers to emotional pain:

  • Loss of a loved one
  • Relationship difficulties
  • Betrayal
  • Grief
  • Loneliness
  • Major disappointment

A strained heart generally refers to the physical heart muscle working harder than it should because of conditions such as:

  • High blood pressure
  • Heart disease
  • Physical overexertion
  • Chronic medical conditions

Yet there is a fascinating connection between the emotional heart and the physical heart.

Throughout history, people have recognized that emotional suffering can affect the body. Stress, grief, fear, and anxiety can influence heart rate, blood pressure, sleep, and overall health.

The emotional heart and physical heart are not identical, but they are not completely separate either.


PAGE TWO — THE EMOTIONAL HEART

A broken heart is one of the oldest human experiences.

People experience it when:

  • Trust is violated.
  • A friendship is lost.
  • A relationship ends.
  • Someone passes away.
  • A hoped‑for future disappears.

Emotional pain creates real reactions within the body.

A person with a broken heart may experience:

  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Loss of appetite
  • Fatigue
  • Anxiety
  • Sadness
  • Difficulty concentrating

The pain feels real because it is real.

The brain processes emotional distress through complex neurological pathways that affect the entire body.

Many people describe heartbreak as:

  • A heaviness in the chest
  • Tightness in breathing
  • Reduced energy
  • Physical exhaustion

This demonstrates how strongly emotions and physical health are connected.


PAGE THREE — THE STRAINED HEART

A strained heart is different.

Here the focus is on the actual heart muscle.

Heart strain occurs when the cardiovascular system must work harder than normal.

Contributors can include:

  • Hypertension (high blood pressure)
  • Coronary artery disease
  • Obesity
  • Overexertion
  • Smoking
  • Diabetes
  • Long‑term cardiovascular stress

Over time, excessive strain can make the heart less efficient.

Common warning signs may include:

  • Shortness of breath
  • Fatigue
  • Reduced exercise tolerance
  • Chest discomfort
  • Dizziness

Unlike emotional heartbreak, physical heart strain involves measurable stress on the cardiac muscle itself.

However, the two can sometimes interact.

Long periods of emotional stress may contribute to elevated blood pressure and increased workload on the heart.

The mind and body are connected systems.

When one suffers, the other often feels the effects.


PAGE FOUR — THE PLACE WHERE BOTH MEET

There is an old saying:

"A broken heart can make you sick."

While emotional heartbreak and heart muscle strain are not the same thing, they meet in one important place:

Stress.

Stress can influence both emotional wellness and physical health.

This is why healthy living includes:

  • Emotional support
  • Strong friendships
  • Family connections
  • Rest
  • Exercise
  • Proper nutrition
  • Medical care when needed

The strongest people are not those who pretend nothing hurts.

The strongest people are often those who acknowledge pain and then move forward responsibly.

Winter Breshna's Closing Reflection

Anyone's heart can be hurt.

Sometimes the hurt is emotional.

Sometimes the strain is physical.

Sometimes both arrive at the same time.

The lesson is not to ignore either one.

A broken heart deserves compassion.

A strained heart deserves care.

And every human being deserves the opportunity to heal.

The heart—whether emotional or physical—is one of the most important parts of being human.

Protect it.

Respect it.

Listen to it.

And when it hurts, do something about it.


Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...