Skip to main content

the crime rate in the whole Russia for the 25 years Crime Rate Trends in Russia Over 25 Years (1990–2025)

Crime Rate Trends in Russia Over 25 Years (1990–2025).

Russia’s crime landscape has undergone dramatic changes since the early 1990s, shaped by the collapse of the Soviet Union, economic transition, and recent geopolitical conflicts.

1990s – Post-Soviet Surge
After the Soviet Union’s dissolution, law and order collapsed, and crime rates spiked. Violent crime, especially homicides, rose sharply as organized crime networks expanded. The 1990s saw a period of widespread criminal activity, with many crimes committed under weak state control Wikipedia+1.

Early 2000s – Peak and Decline
Violent crime peaked in the early 2000s, with homicide rates far above modern levels. However, from the mid-2000s onward, registered crimes began to fall due to improved policing, economic stabilization, and demographic factors Statista+1. The homicide rate dropped from around 11.2 per 100,000 in 2011 to about 6.8 in 2021 worldstats.io.

2010s – Stabilization and Decline
Overall crime rates continued to decline, with burglary, theft, and fraud rates falling significantly. Economic crimes like fraud and unauthorized card transactions remained common, and corruption remained a systemic issue Statista. The incarceration rate, however, remained among the highest in Europe at about 300 prisoners per 100,000 grokipedia.com.

2020–2023 – Mixed Trends and Rising Grave Crimes
While total registered crimes have decreased, the share of “grave” and “especially grave” crimes (e.g., homicides, serious assaults, rape) rose to over 7% in 2023 Statista. Cybercrime grew by 30% in 2023, with more IT security breaches and identity fraud Statista. Domestic violence, especially gender-based abuse, remains a concern Statista.

2024–2025 – Recent Developments
Registered crimes fell slightly in 2024 compared to 2023, but forecasts suggest a rise in serious and violent offenses in 2024, potentially reaching 152,000 cases grokipedia.com. Factors include returning military veterans, socioeconomic pressures, and ongoing conflict-related violence. Homicide rates remain moderate globally (6.8 per 100,000 in 2021) but are still higher than the European average worldstats.io.

Key Takeaways

  • Overall trend: Sharp rise in the 1990s, then sustained decline through the 2020s.

  • Violent crime: Homicide rates have fallen ~40% over the past decade worldstats.io.

  • Economic crime: Theft, fraud, and cybercrime remain prominent.

  • Corruption: Persistent, with low perceptions internationally grokipedia.com.

  • Incarceration: High rate despite lower total crime counts.

  • Recent risk: Potential uptick in serious crimes in 2024–2025 amid social and military factors.

In summary, Russia’s crime rate over the past 25 years has shifted from a post-Soviet peak to a generally lower but still high-violence environment, with economic and cybercrime becoming more significant alongside persistent corruption and high incarceration rates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...