Skip to main content

Term for When a Company Fails to Pay Contractors or Military Personnel.

 

Term for When a Company Fails to Pay Contractors or Military Personnel

 Written by Author Winter Breshna.

When a company or government entity fails to pay its contractors or military personnel, the situation is generally described as non‑payment or non‑payment of obligations. In government contracting, this can be referred to by several related terms depending on the context:

  • Non‑payment – A broad term meaning the failure to make required payments on time or in full FAMR.

  • Contract default – If the non‑payment occurs under a legally binding contract, it can constitute a breach or default, allowing the other party to seek remedies such as termination, damages, or recovery of unpaid amounts FAMR.

  • Delinquency – Often used in financial or payroll contexts to describe overdue payments.

  • Back pay – If the delay is due to a past‑due obligation, the unpaid amount may be called back pay.

  • Wage or compensation arrears – Common in labor or military contexts when personnel are owed wages or benefits.

In government contracting, the term “non‑payment” is often used in contract performance reports and contract administration to document when a contractor has not received timely or full payment for work performed FAMR. If the non‑payment involves military personnel, it may also be described as non‑payment of wages or non‑payment of military compensation.

If the non‑payment is systemic or widespread, it can be labeled a contracting default or payment default in procurement records. In legal or labor law terms, it may be referred to as breach of contract or failure to pay wages.

Key takeaway:
The most common and neutral term is non‑payment, but the exact phrase depends on whether it’s a general business, government, or military context, and whether it’s part of a contract or a labor agreement. IRS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...