Skip to main content

Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC) — U.S. Space Force.

Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC) — U.S. Space Force

The Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC) is a direct reporting unit within the United States Space Force (USSF), headquartered in Washington, D.C. It was established on March 8, 2021, approved by Chief of Space Operations John W. Raymond, and activated on April 5, 2021 Wikipedia+1. Originally planned as the Space Warfighting Integration Center, it was designed to serve as the USSF’s counterpart to the Air Force’s Warfighting Integration Capability and the U.S. Army’s Futures Command Wikipedia.

Mission and Role

SWAC’s core mission is to conduct analysis, modeling, wargaming, and experimentation to develop operational concepts and force design guidance for the Space Force Wikipedia+1. It focuses on:

  • Quantifying force requirements and integrating capabilities across mission areas.

  • Overseeing joint integrated space designs and strategic modifications to operational mission areas.

  • Evaluating satellite fleet configurations, acquisitions, and multi-domain integration grokipedia.com.

Its work supports the USSF’s goal of maintaining decisive advantages in contested space environments through data-driven, mission-level force structuring grokipedia.com.

Key Capabilities and Focus Areas

SWAC’s force design work covers domains such as:

  • Missile Warning and Tracking

  • Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI)

  • Space Data Transport

  • Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT)

  • Tactical Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)

  • Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Wikipedia+1.

It is also expected to complete its first architecture study on missile warning, tracking, and defense systems Wikipedia.

Leadership

  • Director: Andrew D. Cox (incumbent since April 5, 2021) Wikipedia.

  • Deputy Director: Col. James E. Roberts Wikipedia.

Context and Controversy

The creation of SWAC was part of the DoD’s strategic shift to treat space as a warfighting domain following the establishment of the USSF in 2019 grokipedia.com. However, the House Committee on Appropriations criticized SWAC as duplicative of the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP), rejecting its $37 million budget request Wikipedia.

Strategic Importance

SWAC plays a pivotal role in post-Space Force force structuring, helping to overhaul legacy space architectures inherited from Air Force Space Command to meet modern threats from adversaries like China and Russia grokipedia.com. Its outputs influence high-level planning, as evidenced by visits from senior leaders such as Lt. Gen. Douglas A. Schiess, who has reviewed SWAC’s force design proposals www.spaceforces-space.mil.

In summary, SWAC is a central analytical engine for the USSF, tasked with shaping the service’s future capabilities, ensuring readiness, and integrating space operations into broader joint and multi-domain warfighting strategies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...