Skip to main content

INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAYS COMING UP.

 FOUNTAIN PEN NEWSPAPER.

INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAYS COMING UP.

WITH INTENT: INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAYS COMING UP. National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (regional holiday) Wednesday, September 30 Public holiday in Alberta, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Yukon Holidays in Canada Day of Defenders and Defenders of Ukraine (Suspended) Thursday, October 1 Public holiday Holidays in Ukraine Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah Saturday, October 3 Jewish Holidays Feast of St Francis of Assisi Sunday, October 4 Christian Holidays Bolivian Women's Day Sunday, October 11 Observance Holidays in Bolivia Holidays in Bolivia Day of Decolonization Monday, October 12 Observance Holidays in Bolivia Holidays in Bolivia Day of Decolonization Monday, October 12 Observance Thanksgiving Day (regional holiday) Monday, October 12 Public holiday in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon Holidays in Canada Day of Dignity Saturday, October 17 Observance Holidays in Bolivia Holidays in Bolivia Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.

Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.

PAGE ONE — HONOR, MEMORY & NATIONAL REFLECTION

National Day for Truth and Reconciliation — Canada

Wednesday, September 30 Observed across nearly all Canadian provinces and territories — Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Yukon — this day stands as a solemn reminder of the history and legacy of residential schools.

It is a day of reflection, education, and honoring survivors. Communities gather for ceremonies, walks, and cultural events. The holiday is not only a national moment of truth but a collective commitment to reconciliation.

This day teaches that remembrance is not passive; it is an active responsibility. Canada pauses to acknowledge its past and to build a more just future.

PAGE TWO — COURAGE, FAITH & CULTURAL TRADITION

Day of Defenders and Defenders of Ukraine (Suspended)

Thursday, October 1 — Ukraine Though suspended due to ongoing national circumstances, this holiday traditionally honors those who defend Ukraine’s sovereignty. It is a day of courage, sacrifice, and national unity. Even in suspension, its meaning remains deeply felt.

Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah — Jewish Holiday

Saturday, October 3 A celebration marking the completion and restarting of the annual Torah reading cycle. Shemini Atzeret invites reflection and prayer, while Simchat Torah bursts with joy — dancing, singing, and carrying the Torah scrolls. It is a reminder that endings and beginnings often coexist.

Feast of St. Francis of Assisi — Christian Holiday

Sunday, October 4 Honoring St. Francis, known for humility, compassion, and love for creation. Churches worldwide hold blessings of animals, prayers for peace, and reflections on simplicity. A day that calls believers to gentleness and stewardship.

PAGE THREE — WOMEN, HISTORY & DECOLONIZATION

Bolivian Women’s Day — Bolivia

Sunday, October 11 An observance dedicated to honoring Bolivian women — their resilience, leadership, and contributions to society. It is a day of recognition, empowerment, and cultural pride.

Day of Decolonization — Bolivia

Monday, October 12 Observed twice in national calendars due to regional listings, this day reflects Bolivia’s commitment to reclaiming identity, history, and cultural sovereignty. It is a day of education, remembrance, and honoring Indigenous heritage. Decolonization is not only political — it is cultural, emotional, and generational.

PAGE FOUR — GRATITUDE, DIGNITY & NATIONAL UNITY

Thanksgiving Day — Canada (Regional Holiday)

Monday, October 12 Observed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Yukon. A day of gratitude — families gather, tables fill, and communities celebrate harvest, blessings, and togetherness. Thanksgiving is not merely a meal; it is a moment of reflection on abundance and connection.

Day of Dignity — Bolivia

Saturday, October 17 A national observance honoring human dignity, social justice, and the rights of all citizens. It is a reminder that dignity is not granted — it is inherent. Nations strengthen when they protect it.

WINTER BRESHNA — CLOSING REFLECTION

International holidays are more than dates on a calendar. They are stories — of courage, memory, culture, faith, and unity. They remind us that humanity is woven from many traditions, each carrying its own truth and beauty.

From reconciliation in Canada to dignity in Bolivia, from sacred celebrations in Judaism and Christianity to national remembrance in Ukraine — these holidays invite us to pause, honor, and understand.

Written by Fountain Pen Newspaper Author Winter Breshna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...