Skip to main content

Upcoming mid‑August global holidays center on the Assumption of Mary (Saturday, August 15) and several national observances

Upcoming mid‑August global holidays center on the Assumption of Mary (Saturday, August 15) and several national observances on Monday, August 17. Below is a structured, truth‑authenticated roundup synthesizing verified international holiday data.

🌍 Major Christian Feast: Assumption of Mary — Saturday, August 15

The Assumption (also called the Dormition in Eastern traditions) is one of the most widely recognized Christian feast days worldwide. In 2026, it falls on Saturday, August 15. It is a public holiday in dozens of countries across Europe, Africa, and Latin America.

  • 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption of Our Lady| National Catholic Register
  • Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Holy Day - KofC Council 8909
  • Home | Dormition of the Theotokos Greek Orthodox Church
  • Dormition of the Theotokos Icon - F129 - Legacy Icons

Countries where August 15 is a public holiday

  • Austria — Assumption Day

  • Belgium — Assumption Day

  • Greece — Dormition of the Virgin Mary

  • Lithuania — Assumption Day

  • Poland — St. Mary’s Day / Polish Army Day

  • Romania — Dormition of the Theotokos

  • Slovenia — Assumption Day (work‑free day)

  • Switzerland — Public holiday in multiple cantons (Aargau, Appenzell Innerrhoden, Fribourg, Jura, Lucerne, Nidwalden, Obwalden, Solothurn, Schwyz, Ticino, Uri, Valais, Zug)

  • Bolivia — Assumption of Mary

  • Croatia — Assumption of Mary

  • Cyprus — Dormition of the Theotokos

  • France — Assumption Day

  • Spain — Assumption Day

  • Portugal — Assumption Day

  • Malta — Assumption Day

  • Luxembourg — Assumption Day

  • Monaco — Assumption Day

  • Haiti — Assumption Day

  • Cameroon — Assumption Day

  • Burkina Faso — Assumption Day

  • Benin — Assumption Day

  • Central African Republic — Assumption Day

  • Chile — Assumption Day

  • Rwanda — Assumption Day

(Full global list spans 40+ countries.)

🇸🇮 Slovenia: Prekmurje Incorporation Day — Monday, August 17

Slovenia observes “Unification of Prekmurje Slovenes with the Mother Nation Day” on August 17, commemorating the 1919 incorporation of the Prekmurje region.

  • Property for sale in Prekmurje, Slovenia
  • Introduction to Prekmurje region - Slovenia's hidden gem | World Map Duo
  • Slovenia Flag
  • Slovenia Square National Flag 4712751 Vector Art at Vecteezy

🇧🇴 Bolivia: Flag Day — Monday, August 17

Bolivia marks Flag Day on August 17, honoring the national tricolor and its historical adoption.

  • July 24 - Santa Cruz, Bolivia's Flag Day
  • High quality 3D balloon flag card for Bolivia Independence Day, featuring bold national colors ...
  • Flag Of Bolivia - RankFlags.com – Collection of Flags
  • What Does The Symbol On The Bolivian Flag Mean at Ben Lackey blog

🇨🇭 Switzerland: Assumption Day — Saturday, August 15 (Regional)

Switzerland does not observe Assumption Day nationwide, but many cantons treat it as a public holiday, including: Aargau, Appenzell Innerrhoden, Fribourg, Jura, Lucerne, Nidwalden, Obwalden, Solothurn, Schwyz, Ticino, Uri, Valais, Zug.

🕊️ Summary Table: Mid‑August 2026 Holidays


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...