Skip to main content

BLOG. Who has the Right to Give Orders to the Russian admiral and the United States Admiral of Russia & United States?

BLOG. Who has the Right to Give Orders to the Russian admiral and the United States Admiral of Russia & United States?

A Russian admiral answers to the President of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Defence (and through them to the Defence Minister and the General Staff); strategic guidance also comes from the Security Council and presidential administration, while the Federal Assembly provides oversight but not direct operational orders. Confirm specifics with official legal texts and recent government releases.


  • Quick comparison
AttributeRussian admiralUnited States admiral
Appointing authorityPresident of Russia; appointments and promotions are presidential acts. President of the United States (with Senate confirmation for flag officers).
Operational commandMinister of Defence / General Staff; Commander‑in‑Chief of the Navy reports into the military chain. Secretary of Defense / Combatant commanders / CNO within the U.S. chain of command.
Policy guidanceSecurity Council; Presidential Administration. National Security Council; civilian leadership (DoD, White House).
Legislative oversightFederal Assembly (Duma, Federation Council) — oversight/funding, not direct orders. U.S. Congress — oversight, funding, confirmation powers.
Public examplesRecent commanders and promotions illustrate presidential role. Historical practice and statutes show presidential/DoD primacy.
  • Explanation and context

Russia. The Russian Navy’s professional chain places the Commander‑in‑Chief of the Navy under the Ministry of Defence and ultimately under the President as the supreme appointing authority; the President also confers ranks and can reshuffle senior commanders. The Security Council and presidential apparatus shape strategic priorities that filter into orders for admirals, while the Federal Assembly exercises budgetary and oversight functions rather than issuing operational commands.

  • United States (summary). In U.S. practice, admirals operate within a civilian‑led chain of command: the President is Commander‑in‑Chief, the Secretary of Defense is the principal civilian defense official, and the Secretary of the Navy and the Chief of Naval Operations handle service‑level direction and administration; Congress provides oversight and controls appropriations. (For authoritative citations, consult the U.S. Constitution, Title 10 U.S. Code, and DoD directives.)

Practical takeaway

  • Operational orders to an admiral come through the defence ministry/department and military chain; strategic direction is set by the head of state and national security bodies.

  • Oversight bodies (parliaments/congresses) check budgets and legality but do not typically issue battlefield orders.

Disclaimer: Confirm current chains of command and recent personnel changes with official ministry/DoD releases and primary legal texts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...