Skip to main content

ARTICLE + POEM: “I WANT TO PET YOUR CAT. YES, I WANT TO PET BOTH YOUR CATS.”

ARTICLE + POEM: “I WANT TO PET YOUR CAT. YES, I WANT TO PET BOTH YOUR CATS.”

Library of Linguistics • Chiller Edition • Year 2026.


ARTICLE: THE SEMIOTICS OF PETTING SOMEONE’S CATS.

In 2026, the phrase “I want to pet your cat” has become a micro‑ritual of trust.
Not flirtation.
Not innuendo.
Just a signal:

“I respect what you care about. I want to meet the creatures that live in your world.”

Cats are gatekeepers.
They read energy faster than humans.
They decide who enters the emotional perimeter of a home.
When someone says they want to pet both cats, they are saying:

  • I’m patient.
  • I’m gentle.
  • I’m willing to earn trust, not demand it.
  • I understand that your companions have personalities, boundaries, and moods.

In the Boss Lady + Boss Man Relationship Code, pets are part of the household ecosystem.
They regulate the emotional climate.
They detect tension before humans do.
They reward calm, consistent behavior.

Petting someone’s cats is not a small act.
It is a philosophical gesture:
a willingness to enter another person’s micro‑universe with respect.

This is why the statement carries weight.
It is not about possession.
It is about permission.


POEM “BOTH CATS”.

I want to pet your cat
the shy one first,
the one who watches from the hallway
like a security guard with fur
and a suspicious heart.

Yes both your cats.
The bold one too,
the one who walks like it owns the mortgage
and the entire living room economy.

I want to sit on the floor,
hands open,
letting them decide
if I’m worth the approach.

I want to hear the soft thump
of a tail choosing peace,
the slow blink
that means
“You may enter this kingdom.”

I want to meet the creatures
that trust you,
the ones who sleep on your blankets
and guard your silence.

Because anyone can talk to a person
but it takes a steady soul
to earn the approval
of a cat
who owes you nothing
and judges everything.

So yes
I want to pet your cat.
Both of them.
Not to impress you,
but to honor the world
you’ve built around you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...