Skip to main content

In 1971, amidst the Cold War and social change, Starbucks began as a single Seattle coffee bean retailer, while the U.S. and USSR experienced tense détente and worldwide, nations grappled with economic shifts, and early computing made strides.

 In 1971, amidst the Cold War and social change, Starbucks began as a single Seattle coffee bean retailer, while the U.S. and USSR experienced tense détente and worldwide, nations grappled with economic shifts, and early computing made strides. It was a pivotal year for both international relations and niche business, say Wikipedia and History.com. [1, 2, 3]


Starbucks Coffee (1971)
  • Origin: Founded by Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegl, and Gordon Bowker in Seattle's Pike Place Market on March 30, 1971.
  • Original Concept: It was not a café, but a specialty retailer selling whole-bean coffee, tea, and spices.
  • Supplies: Initial coffee beans were sourced from Peet's Coffee & Tea in Berkeley, California.
  • The Siren: The original logo, designed by Terry Heckler, was a brown, topless siren, inspired by Norse mythology. [1, 4, 5, 6, 7]
United States (1971)
  • Economic Shift: President Richard Nixon announced a 90-day wage and price freeze to combat inflation, known as the "Nixon Shock".
  • Vietnam War: The Pentagon Papers were published, revealing classified details about the war, causing public distrust.
  • Voting Age: The 26th Amendment was ratified, lowering the voting age to 18. [5, 8, 9, 10, 11]
Russia/USSR (1971)
  • Cold War Climate: While in a period of "détente," the USSR continued to strengthen its military, with Leonid Brezhnev focused on expanding influence in the Middle East and improving economic output during the 9th Five-Year Plan.
  • Space Race: The Soviet Union launched Salyut 1, the world’s first space station, in April 1971. [8, 12]
Around the World (1971)
  • Bangladesh Liberation War: Bangladesh declared independence from Pakistan, resulting in a conflict involving India.
  • United Nations: The People's Republic of China was admitted to the UN, replacing Taiwan.
  • Technology: The first microprocessor, the Intel 4004, was released, beginning the computing revolution.
  • Middle East: The United Arab Emirates was formed as an independent federation. [9]


AI responses may include mistakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...