Skip to main content

The Poem: Making a Friend, Exchanging Numbers, Knowing It Is the Right Decision.

https://authorlibraryoflinguistics.substack.com/subscribe

I am Single. I am Available for a relationship!

The Poem: Making a Friend, Exchanging Numbers, Knowing It Is the Right Decision.

Making a Friend, Exchanging Numbers, Knowing It Is the Right Decision.

We stood where the coffee cooled and the afternoon

had already decided to be ordinary.

You laughed at the same small thing I had been saving

for a quieter moment, the laugh fit the sentence
like a key in a pocket.

I said my name the way people say names

when they want them to be remembered:
slow, with the consonants placed like stepping stones.
You repeated it back, not exactly, and that was enough—
a near‑map of recognition.

There was a pause, the polite kind that measures

how much of yourself you can afford to give.

You fished your phone from the bag as if it were a small animal,

tapped the screen, and the light made a private geography
on your palm.
 I watched the numbers appear like seeds.

“Here,” you said, and the word was a handing‑over,

not a test. I typed mine into your phone with the same care

I used to write someone’s address on a letter I meant to keep.

We both watched the cursor blink, a tiny metronome

counting the decision into being.

You asked if I wanted to text later; the question

was a bridge with a handrail. I said yes, and the yes
was not a promise so much as a permission:
permission to be seen, permission to be called.

We left the coffee cooler than we had found it,

and the street took us in different directions.
That night I checked my phone like a small ritual,
read your name as if it were a map I could fold and unfold.

I sent a message that said nothing urgent—just a line

to test the channel—and you answered with a single emoji,
a small lighthouse in the dark.

Knowing it was the right decision did not arrive
as a thunderclap. It came as a series of small confirmations:
the way your laugh fit the sentence, the steadiness of your typing,
the way you remembered a detail I had not meant to keep.

Friendship began as a practical exchange—digits, time, a plan—

and then, quietly, as a new grammar for how I would speak of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy

LIBRARY OF LINGUISTICS ISSUE NO. 192 (mi²) CHILLER EDITION • YEAR 2026 O‑10 MARINE CORPS GENERAL PAY & ALLOWANCES (2026) A Two‑Page, Intense, Realistic Dissection of Power, Rank, and Compensation at the Summit of the U.S. Military Hierarchy O‑10 Marine Corps Admiral Pay and Allowances (2026) Short answer: An O‑10 (four‑star) Marine in 2026 receives basic pay of about $18,808.20/month (subject to Executive Schedule caps), plus tax‑free BAS (~$311.68/month) and potential BAH (location‑dependent) and special pays (hazard, SDO, flight, etc.). Exact totals depend on years of service, duty station, dependents, and authorized special pays. Military.com Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Guide key considerations, clarifying choices, decision points Considerations: Basic pay is set by grade/years and capped by law; BAS is standard for officers; BAH depends on duty station and dependency status; special pays vary by assignment (e.g., SDO, hazard, flight). Defense Finance...

I am single available truth to the people by Author Winter Breshna.

I am single available truth to the people  by Author Winter Breshna. Yes I am single yes I am available yes I do say the truth yes I am a writer author publisher and human the needs and everything that I want men or need to be met go both ways when two wants meet each other and take things further I am single I am available.  I post on my blue sky I post on my Tumblr I post on my parler everything I post is the way how anybody feels that they post on their social media I'm the same way figuring out why did this person post it because there's something that they want somebody to know that it's important for anybody to know that they know that's on there social media line.  Regardless that they're single available or already taken with someone.  Expectations always need to be met regardless single married vdivorced never been married or as we've all heard of before I will never get married I will never have kids because it is too expensive I've heard that befo...